Happy Labor Day!
I hope you enjoyed the long weekend with friends + loved ones. I started my Labor Day with a 6 lap run at the nearby high school track while Casey and Dex walked around and cheered me on. I am in training mode for the upcoming Mario Lemieux 6.6k so i plan on my September mileage to be the highest yet!
After my run (and breakfast of course) i dug into this delicious watermelon sangria that i prepared on Sunday. It was EVEN BETTER after sitting in the fridge all night because the juices from the fruit came together into a heavenly, fruity, boozy mixture. Day drinking on a Monday? Yes, please!
This was my first time ever making sangria and it was a HUGE hit! Not to mention the fact that its just fresh fruit, lime seltzer, & booze. No added sugar or funky ingredients. It’s so light and fruity and is the perfect end-of-summer drink. Is summer really ending soon? SAY IT AIN’T SO! ;( I’ll just sip on this sangria and pretend coats and snow aren’t waiting for me right around the corner.
I think i’ll be able to purchase one maayyybeeeee two more watermelons at the grocery store this season. Then i’ll be forced to say goodbye. I’ll be forced to say goodbye to farm fresh super sweet corn too. I don’t like change. Maybe all the pumpkin-esque things to come will make up for it?
Ok major digression going on here. Just make the sangria, sip, enjoy, and live in the moment.
Do i really have to go back to work tomorrow?
- 8 cups chopped watermelon
- 1 750mL bottle moscato
- 1 cup vodka
- ½ cup triple sec
- 1 and ½ cups lime seltzer
- 2 oranges, cut into wedges
- 2 limes, sliced
- Place the watermelon in a blender and blend until the watermelon is all liquid.
- Pour the watermelon through a mesh strainer so only the juice remains.
- Place the watermelon juice in a large pitcher and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix with a large spoon.
- Place in the fridge to chill for a few hours then serve.