Hi friends sorry for my lack of posting lately. I have been busy behind the scenes cleaning up a few things and also working on a new header design. It just made its debut today so let me know whatcha think!
Now onto breakfast…
Weekends are all about eggs in this house: scrambled eggs, omelets, breakfast sandwiches – you name it. I always tend to lean toward eggs and not toward pancakes or waffles because i feel like eating eggs is much more substantial than say, stuffing your face with carbs. No matter how fluffy and delicious those carbs may be.
Most of the breakfast sandwiches I make have fried eggs or scrambled eggs so i thought i would mix it up this time and try hard boiled. It takes an extra step but you can boil the eggs in advance to save precious time.
These sandwiches can be made with any breakfast-y ingredients you want. I used cream cheese, hard boiled eggs, roma tomatoes, and avocado all topped with a mexican shredded cheese blend and a smear of sriracha. Let’s face it, eggs and sriracha were made for one another. They complete each other!
Just place all of your ingredients on top of 1/2 of a toasted english muffin. I used organic whole wheat english muffins from whole foods which are my absolute favorite. Then place in the oven and broil for 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
If you hard boil the eggs in advance you’ll have a healthy, filling breakfast in under 15 minutes. Bonus points: it looks pretty too. I’m loving the greens and reds.
Not too shabby.
- 2 Whole Wheat English Muffins, halved
- Cream cheese
- 2 Hard boiled eggs
- 1 Roma Tomato, sliced
- 1/2 Avocado, sliced
- Mexican shredded cheese blend, for topping
- Freshly grated black pepper
- Sriracha (optional)
- Slice the english muffins and place in a toaster to toast each side.
- Spread the cream cheese evenly on each side.
- Slice your eggs lengthwise and distribute the slices evenly between the 4 muffin sides.
- Place the roma tomato slices on top of the egg.
- Place the avocado slices on top of the tomato.
- Top with shredded cheese, black pepper, and sriracha (if using).
- Broil in the oven for 5-10 minutes.